Home Loans for Doctors
We save doctors an average of $40,000 on their home loans
through special interest rates and discounts
Struggling to find your first home loan as a busy IT professional? We’re here to help.
Benefits of home loans for doctors
Do you qualify for a home loan?
Some lenders are willing to provide specialised home loans to a wide range of emerging and experienced medical professionals.
Criteria you must meet to be eligible
- Have an occupation that the lender recognises as a qualified occupation.
- Be a member of a recognised industry association such as the Medical Board of Australia, Australian Association of Practice Managers, Australian Dental Association (ADA), etc.
- Personal identification documents: this includes primary photo identification (e.g. current passport, driver’s licence) or secondary identification (e.g. birth certificate, Medicare card)
- Income details: recent payslips, payment summaries from your employer, your ABN and ATO tax assessments (if you’re self-employed), a signed lease and recent rental statement (if you have rental income)
NOTE: Every lender will have a unique set of eligibility criteria and acceptable professions which they will take into consideration when assessing your application.
You can read our checklist below for a more in-depth look at the criteria and documentation needed.
Who is eligible for medical home loans?
Paying off your home loan faster can help you save a considerable amount of money in interest and reduce the overall loan
Transferring a home loan from one bank to another can be a good option for engineers who are looking to save on
When looking for a home loan as an engineer, it’s important to compare different lenders and their products to find the best
What doctors are getting?
Average interest yearly savings
Broker or direct to bank? What are the benefits of using a mortgage broker when applying for your home loan?
When applying for a home loan, you can either apply directly to a lender or use a mortgage broker to assist you with your application.
As a broker, we can do the following:
That's where a broker can help. A broker will:
- Find you the best interest rate on the market – we do in-depth research and compare home loans across 35+ banks and lenders
- Provide you with trusted personalised advice relevant to your unique situa- tion to help you make a confident and informed decision
- Assist you in developing and submitting your application to save you the hassle of researching and filling out complex paperwork
Are you expected to pay BFG brokers? No, we don't charge you money for availing our services.
Regardless of your choice, brokers work on commission that’s paid by banks and lenders. Know that we have your best interest in mind as you have guaranteed access to consultations and our digital tools for FREE.