We save doctors an average of $40,000 on their home loans through special interest rates and discounts
Struggling to find the best deal on your home loan as a busy medical professional?
BFG is one free consult away, whenever you're ready.
BFG home loan benefits for medical professionals
Zero lender's mortgage insurance (LMI)
You don’t have to pay the lender’s mortgage insurance! Save an average of $19,000 for an $800,000 loan amount when you borrow 90% of the property value.
Exclusive interest rate discounts
Receive negotiated discounts below a bank’s advertised rate for your home loan.
We can help you get access to some lenders that can give up to $2,000 in cashback.
Special offers can be available when you pick certain lenders for your home loan.
Want to talk about your home game plan? BFG offers free for life consultations.
Do you qualify for a home loan?
Some lenders are willing to provide specialised home loans to a wide range of emerging and experienced medical professionals.
Criteria you must meet to be eligible
- Have an occupation that the lender recognises as a qualified occupation.
- Be a member of a recognised industry association such as the Medical Board of Australia, Australian Association of Practice Managers, Australian Dental Association (ADA), etc.
- Personal identification documents: this includes primary photo identification (e.g. current passport, driver’s licence) or secondary identification (e.g. birth certificate, Medicare card)
- Income details: recent payslips, payment summaries from your employer, your ABN and ATO tax assessments (if you’re self-employed), a signed lease and recent rental statement (if you have rental income)
NOTE: Every lender will have a unique set of eligibility criteria and acceptable professions which they will take into consideration when assessing your application.
You can read our checklist below for a more in-depth look at the criteria and documentation needed.
Who is eligible for medical home loans?
What doctors are getting
Broker or direct to bank? What are the benefits of using a mortgage broker when applying for your home loan?
When applying for a home loan, you can either apply directly to a lender or use a mortgage broker to assist you with your application.
As a broker, we can do the following:
- Find you the best interest rate on the market – we do in-depth research and compare home loans across 35+ banks and lenders
- Provide you with trusted personalised advice relevant to your unique situation to help you make a confident and informed decision
- Assist you in developing and submitting your application to save you the hassle of researching and filling out complex paperwork
Are you expected to pay BFG brokers? No, we don’t charge you money for availing our services. Regardless of your choice, brokers work on commission that’s paid by banks and lenders. Know that we have your best interest in mind as you have guaranteed access to consultations and our digital tools for FREE.